CAD Technician – Calgary
Vector Geomatics is a locally owned and operated professional land surveying company in Fort St John, Calgary, Kelowna and Chilliwack which provides a wide range of professional land surveying, municipal engineering, planning, and land information/mapping solutions to oil and gas, transportation and land development clients within British Columbia and Alberta. Our company has grown from just two people in 2006 to a large and diverse group of over 70 hardworking innovators who continually strive to be better.
We are now looking to add a talented CAD Technicians to our team in Alberta and British Columbia! If you are motivated by success, career growth potential and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
Why work for Vector?
We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand work / life balance and push ourselves to create strong teams that can take on any project. We use the most current technology and we have made professional career development a key part of our strategic plan.
What will you be doing?
As a CAD Technician with Vector, you will be responsible for the development and preparation of survey drawings including well sites, subdivisions, pipelines, individual ownership, and crossing plans. Your duties will include:
- Interpreting field notes, sketches, legal plans, air photos, and digital data;
- Completing survey computations including GPS, conventional data processing and calculations necessary for establishing legal boundaries and construction layouts;
- Operating computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations;
- Completing documentation packages and produce drawing sets;
- Completing general mapping and drafting duties including CAD and ArcGIS mapping;
- Ensuring drafting standards, procedures, overall data quality, and integrity are met;
- Completing first office checks of all existing and proposed wells, pipelines, legals, etc. by using government sites such as ISC and IRIS;
- Ensuring everything required of the field survey has been completed and is correct. Contact with field crews for missing sightlines, field conditions, etc.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Completion of the Geomatics diploma program / Engineering Design and Drafting Technology diploma and/or equivalent experience;
- 1-5 years’ experience drafting or mapping legal plans and oil and gas plans (Intermediate CAD Technician), 5+ years experience (Senior CAD Technician)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3-D and/or Microsurvey
- Experience with processing survey data (preferably Trimble Business Center);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail.
What Vector can offer you:
Growth and advancement opportunities
Use of leading-edge technology
Diverse projects and a fast-paced working environment
Support to the communities we live and work in
Send your resume to email@example.com