Vector Geomatics Land Surveying Ltd
Vector Geomatics is a privately owned and operated professional land surveying company with offices in Fort St John, Kelowna, Chilliwack and Calgary which provide a wide range of professional land surveying, municipal engineering, planning, and land information/mapping solutions to oil and gas, transportation and land development clients within British Columbia and Alberta.
In order to effectively meet client expectations, we need to bring additional associates into this company who have a vision for the future and want to contribute in a meaningful way to a growing and vital company.
Advanced GIS Specialist (Fort St. John)
In this role, you will be responsible for creating maps using AcrGIS Desktop/Pro and other supporting software on Windows workstations. Your duties will include and are not limited to:
- Build and maintain GIS and cartographic products to support applications in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Maintenance and creation of geospatial datasets using ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, ArcGIS Server.
- Conduct spatial and 3D analyses of geographic data sets
- Create sophisticated final map products using ArcGIS Desktop/Pro
- Deliver data sets, metadata, and cartographic productions to clients
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with different levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts
- Diploma in GIS (or equivalent)
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS software and extensions
- Demonstrated knowledge of cartographic principles and understanding of map creation procedures
- Knowledge of ArcObjects (or MapObjects), SQL Server, FME, AutoCAD, database design, GPS data collecting and post processing, imagery processing experience (satellite and/or orthophotography), DEM/LiDAR processing.
- Programming skills, Python, VB.net
Please submit resume detailing work experience.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time Permanent – Based in Fort St. John British Columbia – Remote/Contractors need not apply.